Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 28, 2009

You asked for it "Grilled Lemon pepper Salmon"

Michele,who is a blogger pal for 4 years now had this to say to me recently “you can still take a picture of food and make it irresistible to the viewer. I’ll have to scroll and see if you have a fun and 'doable' recipe for Salmon. My kids are picky and I'm trying to get them to eat fish. So far, it's not working. But I keep trying because fish is so healthy!

Thanks a ton Michele and not a problem at all :)I grew up eating a lot of fish and it’s an integral part of my diet.So a quick and doable salmon recipe is child's play for me. Some of you who are not into salmon ,must wonder ”what's the big deal??” Well,salmon is packed with Omega 3 fatty acids,amino acids and other minerals which make it perfect in every way.Lets talk some benefits, shall we?
•Muscles, Tissues, Enzymes, Hormones etc
•Cardio-Vascular Health
•Metabolism
•Eye Care
•Brain & Nerves. Read some more here.

Beauty benefits:(ladies do I have your attention now:)?
•helps improve the production of collagen, keratin and melanin.
•prevents dry skin patches
•prevents wrinkles :))Is that reason enough??
•boost's the skin's ability to retain water.
•improves skin texture and adds luster to eyes, skin, hair and nails. More here.

Are we still thinking ??? OK, in that case,lets go to a recipe ,that should surely convert you.Iam going to start with a easy-breezy recipe for salmon .I call it the Grilled Lemon-pepper salmon

You need
4 Alaskan salmon steaks
For marinade
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1.5 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste

This is how you make it
Mix all ingredients of the marinate and pour over the salmon steaks. Cover and let the steaks absorb the marinade for about 10-15 minutes. You are now ready to grill the fish. Place the marinated fish on the grill and let it cook(you could pan fry it, bake,broil it,cook it in foil,whichever technique works for you). If the steaks are thin you could do each side for about 2 minutes and if they are thick , let them cook for about 4 minutes each. Be careful not to move or turn the fish too much ,as it could becomes really soft on cooking and disintegrate.

Garnish with lemon wedges, a sprig of cilantro and serve with salad, steamed vegetables, with rice or as is. Check out another of my salmon recipes here.



Grilled Lemon Pepper Salmon


Hope you and your kids like this one, Michele :)

15 comments:

Lavanya said...

wonfderful recipe..i hope your friend kids will like it :)

Priyanka Agrawal said...

mmm very healthy meenal!

Michele said...

Awww, Meenal! THANK YOU!
And Yes! This will do wonderfully!

And only 15 minutes marinade?
That makes my heart go pitter-patter. Some days time is short.
You have given me the perfect option.


I tried asking my mom for a tip but she uses mayonaisse! I much prefer olive oil. That too is a healthier choice. I always have that on hand.

And look at that yummy picture.
Love the benefits you listed but the best one is: Salmon tastes GREAT.
:-)


Thanks again!
HUGS

Priya Sriram said...

Grilled salmon looks really awesome! Wonderful explanation of benefits! :) I'm trying to add it to my diet too...

Aparna said...

hey... such a coincidence, i made pan-fried salmon today :)

Ashwini said...

I grilled salmon for my husband the other day... He loved it.. Simple yet delicious.

Cham said...

I grew up eating 6 days fish, I always blamed why my mom doesn't cook the 7 th day also! Looks delicous ur salmon :)

Meenal Mehta said...

@Lavanya ..thanks the recipe was well appreciated by Michele, it was for her kids:)

@Food fanatic ..yes very healthy indeed

Meenal Mehta said...

@Michele..my pleasure, glad you like what the recipe..i hope the kids like it too:)

@Priya ..thanks :)

Meenal Mehta said...

@Aparna ...saw pics ..very nice:)

@Ashwini.. yes best thing about salmon is benefits to the health:)glad you and you hubby r salmon fans

@Cham ...Thanks,I could eat fish 7 days a week too, i know what u mean:))

Bong Mom said...

That salmon looks good. Have been eating a lot of salmon lately :)

Manju said...

this is the THIRD salmon recipe im reading today and all the blog posts say its super healthy!! coincidence or what??!!! :)

Meenal Mehta said...

thankyou Sandeepa ..good to know

Superchef ..looks like healthy things are on everyone's mind :)

Simply Spices said...

Wow...Healthy Salmon Recipe!

Meenal Mehta said...

Thanks Hema

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...